The farm was first issued a title deed in 1820, the original document is on display. Cecil John Rhodes purchased the farm in 1882, with the hope that there was gold on the farm, a small mine was dug, but only fools gold was discovered. The Rhodes family sold the farm in 1908 (Cecil died in 1903).
The house is a 750 square meter complex that can handle 12 persons sharing. It has a large entertainment area with stoops which makes it ideal for groups of up to 12 people. There are 5 bedrooms, 2 are equipped with double beds, 3 rooms are equipped with 2 single beds in each. The house has 2 bathrooms. There is also an outside room with a double bed and 2 stacker beds, that was built in 1893.
Sit on the stoop, eat too much, drink too much, chill, game viewing, 4×4 mountain roads, flower photography, bird watching,
tree identification, mountain biking and trail running.